Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Life The College Years

We’ve all been there. Freshly graduated from high school and getting ready to enter that institution of Higher Learning in the sky. That’s right, The Freshman Year! Otherwise known as the best year in college, well at least for me it was. My freshman year was THE BEST. And not just because I was away from the parentals and felt like an actual adult for the first time in my life. But we had soooo much fun. A little bit too much fun for some people.

So the summer before I left I had to fill out my dormitory forms. I attended Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA as an art student. There were only two freshman dorms and I was told they usually roomed you with people with similar majors which was cool. So I picked Rhodes Hall with one roommate. But when I get my housing assignment I got Johnson Hall with TWO roommates, yes a triple room *wtf*! So I get there at the end of August, when it still hot, to find out that the dorm had no AC AND it was co-ed. Even number floors were for the girls and odd number floors for the boys.

Let’s move on to the roommates. Roommate number one seemed like a sweet girl. Until she had her bf sleep over the FIRST night we got there and had sex with him in her bed while my other roommate and I were in the room. Oh we had a tude with her for a long time. She ended up pregnant by the end of the spring semester. Go figure.

Roommate number two was cool at first as well. Until I found out she was a walking STD! Her bf comes down one weekend and gives her chlamydia. Then she sleeps with some other guy who gives it to her again. Then about two weeks before the end of spring semester she tells me that she keeps finding ticks on her leg. This beesh had crabs! So I kindly pack up my shiz and move into my friend’s room. Oh but it gets better, the day after I left for the summer some dude she’s “dating” robs her in our dorm room. I'm so serious lol.

Then of course there were the certain floors that were deemed the “crabs floor” where you didn’t wash any of your clothes. The pregnant stripper hat lived down the hall that stripped at the Red Light Inn around the corner *I’m not kidding lol*. The homeless people that tried to sell us the “Hard Times” newspaper then got mad when you didn’t buy it. The pizza delivery men that had to nerve to catch an attitude when you didn’t give them a tip. Going to McDonalds and praying you still had money left on your meal card.

Then there were late night fire drills that some fool thought it was hilarious to keep pulling the fire alarm every night during spring semester making me miss my 8am art history class. They pulled it so much that we stopped going outside for the drills and the fire department said they would stop showing up if it kept being pulled.

Experiencing my first frat party and step show. Getting woken up late at night by some drunk yt dude trying to get into our room because he was too drunk to realize that he was on the wrong floor. Going to my first ever Black College Weekend at Kings Dominion. The twenty-something cutie that tried to holla at me, making me think I was grown, but I passed on him for this fool in my dorm that I was so in love with that didn’t love me. *sigh* Good Times.

0 comments :