Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sekurrrity!

Today all employees at my job received an e-mail from security about actions that should be taken in the event of a mail/telephone bomb threat( I work for the gubment). Here’s what actions they feel Management should be taking:

Evaluate the threat and take proper search actions

Notify local police, FPS and appropriate emergency services

Evacuate IF necessary


Here’s what actions I feel people with any sense should be taking:


RUN BEESH RUN!


I’m sorry but if I hear of any threat in the building I’m out! We went through this not too long ago where another agency in our building had received a “suspicious” package and their employees were released, but our agencies employees were still sitting up in the building looking stupid(myself included). Then FINALLY security comes on the loud speaker talking about “There was a suspicious package reported on the 17th floor, you might want to gather your belongings and leave.” And what did that do? Cause a twenty minute backup out the parking garage! Let’s get it together people.

0 comments :